Account Manager, Personal Risk Insurance (Upstate NY - Hybrid)
Location: Fishkill, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in the day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will work with senior team members to manage the renewal and marketing process and prepare materials for presentations and communications. While in this role, this person will begin to learn to manage a book of business under senior team member direction. Begin to develop relationships with clients and carrier contacts and work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In this role, the Account Manager is learning to manage the clients from start to finish, but require a great deal of supervision and direction from more senior team members. This role requires a hybrid (2-5x's a week in office depending on office needs) schedule from any of our upstate NY offices: Watertown, Glens Falls, Fishkill, Albany, or Kingston NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Begins to develop relationships; attend meetings and may contribute.
- Work with senior team members to prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in.
- Begin to participate in reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy under the direction of the Account Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Assists on some billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree (or equivalent) and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C License required
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $78,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.