Insurance Case Design & Illustration Specialist (hybrid Woodland Hills, CA
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Windsor Associates (a subsidiary of NFP). NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
JOB SUMMARY: Windsor Associates (a subsidiary of NFP) is looking for a Case Design and Illustration Specialist to join their team. The Insurance Case Design and Illustration Specialist’s focus will be assisting distribution partners (agents, brokers and others) with case design and illustration support for life insurance products. This position is expected to be able to work both independently and within a team and escalate issues appropriately.
This is a full-time position, with a hybrid schedule of 2 days in the Woodland Hills, CA office and other days remotely. We are open to a fully remote hire who is well-experienced in Life Insurance Case Design and Illustration and can occasionally work in the Woodland Hills office. This is not a fine arts design/illustration role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Analyze, prepare and generate basic to customized advanced life insurance sales proposals for a wide variety of high-end life insurance agents.
- Ability to build strong relationships with agents and carrier partners and maintain a high level of service.
- Ability to run Disability and Hybrid Long-Term Care proposals as needed.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of life products and software systems for illustration, case design, analysis and presentation.
- Make recommendations on appropriate products and concepts.
- Assist in training agents and others as needed.
- Keeps current with job knowledge and industry trends by participating in educational opportunities and attending seminars and webcasts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Intermediate understanding of life insurance products, insurance illustration software, competitive niches, and advanced sales concepts.
- Capacity to solve problems and position products effectively.
- Knowledge and expertise of various sales illustration software, along with the ability to learn new insurance illustration software.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and other industry influences those impact job duties.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to explain product features and sales concepts in easily understood terms.
- General life insurance industry knowledge of operations and processes helpful.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Three plus years of Life or LTC or DI insurance Illustration experience "required"
- Experience with proprietary carriers software, WinflexWeb or similar software
- BGA life brokerage experience preferred
- Retail agent or life insurance carrier experience considered
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel - fluency with advanced formulas preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Works effectively with a sense of urgency
- Recognizes when to escalate specific situations to the next higher level of expertise
- Critical Thinking – with the ability to make decisions that balance the agent and company’s needs
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $65,000 – $90,000 annually. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.