Account Manager Commercial Lines (Remote)
Location: Portland, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
As an Account Manager you will serve and grow a book of Commercial Insurance clients assigned to you by independently executing standard NFP client service deliverables. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Be nimble in your approach in identifying exposures, determining the appropriate solutions to those exposures and advising the customer of why the solutions are the best fit for them.
- Generating revenue growth results by identifying needs for additional lines of coverage, cross-selling internally to P&C, Group Benefits, and Wealth Management departments and generating referrals for new opportunities.
- Be the lead in maintaining personal, long-term relationships with the clients, insurance carrier representatives and NFP staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess and maintain a positive mental attitude, including positive working relationships with clients and agency personnel
- Engage and utilize supporting service support teams per agency guidelines to effectively provide customer service deliverables in a quality and timely manner.
- Professional and prompt customer service including phone, email and walk-in inquiries on new and existing client accounts, including client questions on topics such as coverage, billing, reporting of claims, audits, etc.
- Effectively determine appropriate actions for all account renewals 150-120 days prior to the effective date. Involve Account Executives and/or Producers as necessary.
- Proactively initiate and execute account reviews with clients per agency guidelines and procedures.
- Assist Account Executives/Producers with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed.
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients.
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC).
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data.
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations.
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval.
- Update client proposals.
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required.
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer.
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy.
- Monitor the financial status of accounts, collect premiums, and adhere to agency collection policies.
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of Account Executive and office leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have P&C License
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience desired.
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.).
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $78,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.