Benefits Coordinator (Part-time) - Hybrid
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We are seeking a part-time Benefits Coordinator to join our team who'll be responsible for providing direct support to Account Managers. This individual is required to be a highly efficient and organized person with a strong ability to multi-task. Must also possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and can work with others while independently managing and prioritizing workloads.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Account Manager with overall client servicing needs.
- Compiles data collection for RFP process such as census, FormFire, MHQ (medical health questionnaires), experience, contract, and bargaining agreements.
- Creates RFP and/or public bids and submits to carriers. Monitors progress to secure quotes on a timely basis.
- Assists with spreadsheeting carrier quotes and preparing preliminary recommendation presentations to clients.
- Proofread memos, RFP’s, client recommendations, and communications.
- Facilitates post-enrollment information to carriers. Includes census information, master contracts, SBC delivery, enrollment checklists, participates in carrier installations, plan implementations, and conference calls.
- Creates and/or updates Employee Communications – i.e. BAN (Benefit Alert Newsletters).
- Assists Account Manager with PowerPoint Presentations for Employee Meetings or Client Presentation.
- Facilitates ORC information for governmental entities.
- Assists Account Manager or Account Executive with data collection for client commissions, saves in Data Base.
- Overall maintenance of the internal database. Updates database with benefit plans, rate information, contact changes, and claim issues on a timely basis.
- Provides customer service to both Human Resource Personnel and Employees of the client to answer benefit questions, billing, and service issues. Updates service issues in the database.
- Facilitates monthly billing for Regionalization and enrollments for clients.
- Facilitates Schedule A or C from carriers for 5500 filings for Non-ERISA clients.
- Maintains compliance knowledge in federal and state laws (e.g. ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, FSA, HSA, HRA, Sec 125 and PPACA).
- Attends client functions, such as Health Fairs and key client meetings.
- Facilitates AOR and BAA Agreements when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Math Ability: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and calculate percentages.
- Understanding of frequently used insurance terminology.
- Ability to research and retrieve information via the internet.
- Understanding of departments, Company and team’s role in the organization.
- Ability to interact well with internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in regard to work performed.
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 3+ years of Employee Benefits or related experience, or any combination of education, experience, and training that provides knowledge and abilities to perform the job.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life, Accident & Health license, per state requirements.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.