(Hybrid) Senior Account Executive, Corporate Benefits
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our team who'll be responsible for interacting with clients and developing relationships in order to meet clients’ needs. The Senior Account Executive will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, dental, life, disability, and other benefit plans and act as a benefits advisor to fully insured and self-funded clients.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains communication with Consultants to strategize the overall needs of clients.
- Conducts Pre-Renewal visits and provides benefit and plan design strategy and benchmarking information, survey material when necessary.
- Oversees marketing and RFP process until the completion of renewal.
- Coordinates with Benefit Analyst to provide the necessary documentation and timelines for RFP.
- Responsible for peer review of spreadsheets and write-ups of client recommendations.
- Negotiates and ensures proper assignment of client commissions. Prepares commission checklist for client renewals.
- Acts as liaison between insurance carriers and clients to communicate final plan decisions, rates, and sold commissions.
- Manages activities of the Benefits Coordinator, including post-enrollment activities.
- Conducts regular client meetings with management staff (i.e. Human Resources, CFO or Healthcare Committee) to review service, compliance, education needs, or client experience.
- Conducts client employee meetings and prepares communication pieces for open enrollment such as power point presentations and open enrollment alert newsletters (i.e. open enrollment, new acquisition, table time).
- Handles escalated claims and complex compliance issues. Coordinates with Client Service Manager to review client servicing needs and identifies educational opportunities.
- Reviews certificates, SPD’s, SBC’s, contracts, plan installation materials for accuracy.
- Builds and maintains corporate wellness programs by using healthcare carriers and third party vendors as resources.
- Keeps clients aware of all industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues and updates. Explains legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, Medicare Part D, ARRA, and Health Care Reform to clients.
- Keeps clients aware of updates on all guidelines and reporting requirements. Consults with clients to ensure they are utilizing appropriate resources to meet compliance requirements.
- Meets with carriers on a regular basis to keep up-to-date with product and benefit plan information.
- Seek opportunities for cross-selling and presents new NFP initiatives and products, i.e., 401K, P&C, Evolution 1, Vitality, EASE, Worksite, and HR Services.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System
- Maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with all client information obtained in the course of work.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products, and services.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to anticipate and meet client and team needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated in communications with both external and internal clients.
- Demonstration of project management and consulting skills.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft skills; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Education and/or Experience
- College or university degree
- 3+ years of health and welfare consulting experience is preferable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Ohio Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
- Ongoing Education Required
- CE Requirements
- HIPAA Certification
- NFP and carrier compliance training
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.