Sales & Advisory Intern, Corporate Benefits
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
We're looking for a Sales & Advisory Intern to join our team who'll be responsible for assists the Sales and Advisory Team with innovation of the service set, growth of new business, and providing value for our clients. This role assists with client-support, market research, lifecycle management, among other things.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week. You are expected to work between 15-20hours/week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing both the client and advisory team for upcoming connections in order to maintain lifecycle deadlines.
- Leading various projects for the Sales and Advisory team, keeping timelines accurate and holding others accountable.
- Assisting in the creation of proposal presentations for both prospective and current clients.
- Working with partners to obtain proposals designed to improve client benefits packages.
- Confirming accuracy of data within various systems.
- Working with client and partners to implement plans, once agreed upon.
- Willingness to engage in internal projects and opportunities.
- Participating in professional development opportunities.
- Supporting the engagement, community outreach, and wellness teams internally.
- Project management; including balancing multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Create monthly, quarterly and annual reports for client review as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Performing work with attention to detail in a fast-paced office environment.
- Interacting with others in person, via phone, and through email.
- Utilizing technology, (i.e., computer, printer, business software, and phone).
- Being self-motivated, have good organizational skills, detail-oriented, can prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Communicating effectively, both written and oral.
- Customer service oriented.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (required), particularly Excel.
- Previous internship or related experience in business or marketing (preferred).
- Working toward bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, human resources, or other business-related field.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:None Required
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.