Sr. Life Insurance Case Manager, Individual Solutions (remote or MN hybrid)
Location: Shoreview, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
This position will support Diversified Brokerage Services (a subsidiary of NFP). NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Job Summary: The purpose of the role is to assist the advisor throughout the underwriting and requirement-gathering process until the case or conversion has been placed. The Case Manager ensures that all cases move as efficiently through the process as possible, accurately and completely, documenting all case activity during the application or conversion process. You will work with the advisors, carriers, and others to complete the needed requirements. Case Managers provide best-in-class service by reviewing their cases on a frequent basis and advocating for the advisor and insured with the carriers.
The opportunities for growth within the company make this an ideal position if you're enthusiastic, motivated, and interested in becoming part of a well-established positive work environment. In addition, you can feel confident that you’re on a career path that truly matters and makes a difference in this world.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule from our MN office and we are open to a fully remote hire (any US city) with demonstrated Life Insurance Case Manager experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the overall success and profitability of the agency.
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, through underwriting approval and placement.
- Act as a conduit for all issues associated with a case including coordination with all internal departments.
- Manage requests for case status from advisors as needed, and correspond with insurance carriers to resolve outstanding requirements.
- Actively build mutually beneficial relationships with regional offices, carrier new business and underwriting teams, and internal team members.
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with operations or other DBS teams to increase efficiency, ensure a seamless, transparent customer experience, and improve our processes.
- Develop a good understanding of life insurance carriers’ processes and underwriting guidelines with the goal of being viewed by advisors and their offices as a new business expert.
- Skillfully promote key new business initiatives to increase usage, adoption, and awareness of those platforms.
- Must consistently meet and maintain daily production expectations as well as quality expectations for emails and phone calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Document activity in our agency management system thoroughly.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and navigate various databases and software applications.
- Ability and willingness to support the team to accomplish team goals.
- Capable of working independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills, and passion for helping our customers.
- Provides Advisors with assistance with the various platforms on the DBS website.
- Basic knowledge of carrier and underwriting maladies.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner.
- Can communicate consistently, precisely, and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike.
- Basic knowledge of products, quotes, and illustrations.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to case management. Ability to plan and prioritize tasks to provide optimal customer service
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of DBS, our clients, the products, services, and approaches. Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients both internal and external.
- Strong Communication Skills, both written and orally.
- Must be able to work effectively in a diverse group of people as a team member.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school graduate required, College degree preferred
- Ideally 3+ years of life insurance industry experience, preferably in a Case Management role or brokerage agency setting
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.