Account Manager II
Job Type: Full time
The Account Manager II is responsible for day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic, and other written communications. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to deliver services effectively and efficiently to clients. The Account Manager II may rely on Account Executives or senior team members for support with service and strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, companies and clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Resolve day-to-day client service inquiries (e.g., eligibility, BenAdmin support) and anticipate client needs to provide a greater level of service and support.
- Quarterback any product or carrier/vendor service or performance challenges with support from Account Executives or senior team members as needed.
- Manage client renewal process, with support from Account Executives or senior team members for benefits strategy as needed.
- Maintain a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on time. Delegates work to more junior team members to ensure completion.
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations, prepare, pre-renewal information and update client proposal tables. (Small market only).
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies. (Large market only).
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Negotiate terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant guidelines.
- Conduct and present annual client compliance audits.
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs).
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned and consistently makes independent judgements subject to general supervisor support.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 5 years industry and product line experience.
- 4+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.