Senior Consultant- Employee Benefits
Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Senior Consultant interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. This individual will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability and other benefit plans and act as a trusted benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Consultant is a seasoned advisor and may work on large, complex accounts with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. At this level, the Senior Consultant may have direct supervision of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing and managing all aspects of an employer sponsored benefits program. Developing and executing client strategic plan and defined deliverables
- Exploring strategic alternatives and providing strategic guidance while quantifying the financial implication and associated risk of options presented for consideration
- Negotiating terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and vendors
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients; acting as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services
- Maintaining and executing a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on a timely basis. Delegating work to more junior team members as appropriate.
- Understanding and articulating alternative funding strategies, analyzing viability on a client specific basis
- Demonstrating a genuine understanding of the mechanics of client financials and related projections
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and carriers
- Keeping clients apprised of appropriate industry trends including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Explaining regulatory compliance and legislative guidelines including as related to COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform
- Interpreting plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Anticipating client needs and identifying strategies to address them
- Overseeing the implementation of new business
- Overseeing open enrollment; developing and/or reviewing client presentations and communication materials
- May have direct supervisory responsibility of junior team members
- Review the work of junior team members and provide appropriate guidance and skill development
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of carrier products and services, industry trends, benefits administration, regulatory compliance and HealthCare Reform
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective project management, time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to outstanding client service
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or a related field preferred
- 8+ years health and welfare consulting experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.