Policy Services Specialist
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
To manage policy service requests for business owned life insurance plans. Develop and maintain key relationships with insurance carrier contacts to ensure death claims and other policy requests are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent background and experience.
- CLU Designation is a plus.
- Two to three years of related work experience; experience working with business-owned life insurance products preferred. Equivalent experience with retail life insurance or business or client administration may be considered in lieu of specific experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with other Microsoft Office products including Outlook, PowerPoint and Access are a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with Carriers, Consultants, Client Relationship Managers, Account Managers, Team Members, and others.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage a varied number of tasks simultaneously and follow up on completion.
- Must have ability to establish and exemplify high standards of work quality and performance.
- Telephone communications: Daily and Moderate to Heavy
- Computer Work: Heavy
- Travel: None
- Other: Lifting - minimal/constant sitting
- Minimum of annual evaluation by MANAGER with input from APPLICABLE OTHERS; measured results. Typically, evaluation is ongoing as needed.
- NFP Executive Benefits promotes individual effort toward continuous learning in connection with business operations, including related compliance matters, whether training may be provided by NFP Executive Benefits or through outside vendors.
1. Personal Development
- Takes responsibility for own actions and demonstrates appropriate ethical conduct.
- Models a high standard of personal development by maintaining necessary licenses and certifications if applicable while completing required continuing education classes.
- Appreciates the individual differences that each team member possesses and encourages associates to capitalize on unique talents that the team can provide.
- Manages effectively in a changing environment and resolves problems in a manner that benefits the company.
- Leads by example and consistently models inclusive behaviors such as mutual respect, empathy and open dialogue.
- Shares important and relevant information with the team in order to raise the performance of the entire team without specific regard to personal reward.
- Works consistently to guide associates in the achievement of team performance targets and goals.
- Guides associates in their development and ensures availability of professional growth opportunities
- Acknowledges the success of associates and recognizes accomplishments.
3. Customer Service
- Communicates and models excellent customer service with both internal and external clients by seeking information to understand circumstances, problems and expectations.
- Considers how actions or plans will affect clients and others; responds quickly to resolve problems or issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle sensitive situations where a client or associate may be upset.
- Treats clients and team members with appropriate respect and courtesy in all communication.
- Actively listens to the ideas of others, even if they are contradictory to personal opinion.
- Consistently strives to improve all forms of written and verbal communication.
- Seeks out and is receptive to appropriate feedback from manager, team members, and peers.
- Maintains a professional approach to communication that attracts and retains all clients.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.