Underwriting Support Assistant (Hybrid - Greensboro, NC)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2023. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
About the Position
To provide underwriting service support to the Financial Institutions Programs division by performing daily tasks including, but not limited to: Reviewing monthly premium reports, preparing premium endorsements, assisting in preparation of underwriting reports and assisting in preparation of premium tax filings. This is a full-time role requiring a hybrid schedule from our Greensboro, NC office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and analyze monthly premium reports submitted by insured lenders for adherence to reporting standards and underwriting guidelines.
- Communicate with insureds as necessary to obtain clarification or additional information.
- Calculate monthly premiums required based upon reviewed reports and prepare premium endorsements utilizing the underwriting system.
- Preparing and distributing annual renewals and policy change endorsements.
- Assist in daily application of premiums.
- Assist in the preparation and submission of premium tax filings for states.
- Review documents as needed for the underwriting and accounting team.
- Provide support for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting.
- Perform other duties as required to support underwriting team.
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel
Mortgage lending and Insurance knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong Quantitative skills
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills
- Knowledge of consumer and/or mortgage lending
- Insurance knowledge/experience a plus
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to learn a variety of tasks
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.