Complex Commercial Lines Account Executive or Senior Account Executive HYBR
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Executive interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. This individual will prepare applications, specifications and marketing strategy for new business as well as the renewals of assigned clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of point of contact to support the lead account holder. The Account Executive may work on small and large, complex accounts with large premiums and multifaceted coverages.
This role offers excellent growth potential for candidates who currently work as a Senior Account Manager or Senior Client Manager interested in upward mobility.
Position can be hybrid or remote
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Focused on specialty lines including management, professional and cyber.
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- level facilitates requests and needs of the carriers on behalf of NFP's clients.
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims for assigned clients.
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests.
- May direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators and Account Managers.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, account leaders, and clients through regular contact.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- 3+ years P&C product line experience, must include experience at a retail brokerage
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required
- CIC, CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.