Administrative and Accounting Compliance Specialist
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Role:
This position provides internal administrative and accounting support to the Commercial Lines team. Maintain Regulatory compliance, manage billing and reporting activities and provide general support to the team as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bank account reconciliations, assist in month-end closing and other assigned accounting duties including premium financing, client payments and system entry
- Manage billing activities for both agency bill and direct bill
- Agency bill payments to carriers and surplus lines tax payments
- Track direct bill commissions
- Pay commissions to outside brokers
- Assist in reporting of transactions to insurance carriers via Excel and internal systems
- Track insurance licenses of staff
- Assist regulatory team with tax payments, forms, registrations
- Assist with overflow during busy times by preparing documents & proposals as needed
- Additional projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and general office administration
- High level of professionalism
- Willingness to assist on projects when needed
- Good working knowledge using Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Familiarity with insurance software – AMS, Sagitta or Applied – is a plus
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Flexibility to work paid overtime as necessary
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate, college strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years previous office management or bookkeeping experience required.
- Previous experience in an insurance office a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.