(Hybrid) Insurance Coordinator
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
PFS (part of NFP Corp) is a leading underwriter of specialized disability insurance for top talent in the worlds of sports, entertainment, business and medicine. PFS addresses the void in financial plans for highly paid professionals by developing flexible policies that protect assets and earnings of people whose future depends on their continued ability to perform at elite levels. Today, PFS underwrites over $5-billion of coverage each year.
PFS is looking to hire a new Insurance Coordinator to join its team. This Insurance Coordinator role will be a critical part of PFS’s success and works closely with all levels of PFS’s executive, management, and support team, along with a variety of external brokers and clients. The Insurance Coordinator will manage an existing portfolio of clients as well as handle new business accounts. This role is responsible for managing all aspects and stages of an insured client's file including initial quoting, coordination of underwriting, and policy binding, all the way to potential claims handling. The Insurance Coordinator is responsible for managing their own work, participating in projects/assignments as requested, and supporting Underwriters throughout this process.
This is a hybrid position with an in-office frequency of 2-3 days per week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take active role in meetings
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. First draft of renewal presentation
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system
- Results-oriented team player
- First line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Ability to provide the highest quality customer service
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills & professional style
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and possess an enthusiastic attitude
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Advanced computer prowess - strong Excel, Word and Email skills
- High attention to detail
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential… we work in a fast-paced and often changing environment
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License or ability to attain within 90 days of start of employment.
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP and PFS is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.