Personal Insurance Account Manager (Miramar, FL office)
Location: Milton, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic, and written communication. You will manage the renewal and marketing process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, you should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. In addition to managing your own clients, you may also continue to support the Account Management Team as assigned.
This is a full-time position working from our Miramar, FL office. We may consider a remote hire within FL, but outside of Miramar, who has a Florida 20-44 or Florida 2-20 P&C Insurance License. The remote option is not guaranteed and will be based on departmental parameters at the time of consideration.
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly desired
- A Florida 20-44 or Florida 2-20 P&C Insurance License is required upon hire. We may consider experienced P&C candidates who are in the process of obtaining, or have the ability to obtain, the stated license within 30-60 days of hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts; may take an active role in meetings.
- Prepare and send the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Participate in the first draft of the renewal presentation.
- Takes the lead on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive. Begins to communicate directly with clients and carriers, with approval from the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. May be responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Responsible for answering all billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem-resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines, and technology
- Bi-lingual Spanish is highly desired
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree (or equivalent training) or a BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years of client service and/or industry and product line experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- A Florida 20-44 or Florida 2-20 P&C Insurance License is required upon hire. We may consider experienced P&C candidates who are in the process of obtaining, or have the ability to obtain the stated license within 30-60 days of hire.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.