Wealth Management Intern (Wealthspire) - 2024 Summer Internship
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 250 employees serving clients from 20 offices in 11 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
Our 8 to 9 weeks Summer Intern Program is designed to provide students a challenging, meaningful and supportive experience that replicates the experience of being a full-time Wealthspire Associate. Summer Intern orientation offers a thorough overview of the firm and the opportunity to learn from several senior leaders. Following our two-week training, interns are given day-to-day responsibilities and summer long projects to contribute throughout their time at Wealthspire. The program also includes challenges, mentoring, philanthropic and networking opportunities. Wealthspire is highly committed to the summer intern program and considers it the primary pipeline for our Associate program.
- Assist with the development of client financial plans
- Participate in portfolio construction projects and client portfolio reviews
- Assist with the reconciliation and review of financial data
- Conduct investment research for clients or firm-wide initiatives
- Assist in the review and allocation of 529 college savings plans
- Research client issues as directed and present data
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Finance (preferred) or an Undergraduate or Graduate Program aligned with CFP with a graduation date before June 2025
- Interest in financial planning and wealth management
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Capacity to think critically and devise creative solutions
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Practical experience with broad applications
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with seasoned professionals
- Opportunity for full time employment after graduation
- Competitive hourly rate throughout the internship
The hourly range for this position is $20.00 – $25.00 per hour. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.