Hybrid or Remote Sports & Entertainment Account Manager
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,500 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role
The Senior Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors/Client Executives and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager takes an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. Some Senior Account Managers may be responsible to manage their own block of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts. May lead client meetings for accounts assigned to them.
- The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Will have an assigned book of business.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Able to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than five years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C Insurance License required
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $55,000 – $85,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.