Location: Lehi, Utah
Job Type: Full time
NFP Utah is in search of a dynamic Account Coordinator to join our corporate benefits small employer team. The position’s primary responsibility will be to manage the day to day service needs of our client’s through providing benefit support for claims, enrollment fulfillment and plan orientation to their employees.
The successful candidate must have strong communicative and interpersonal skills, be detail oriented with strong organizational skills. They must be able to multi-task and stay organized in a fast paced environment.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients and their employees.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Problem resolution on claims, billing and eligibility issues with carriers
- Enrollment fulfillment during renewal and new business onboarding process
- Proficient in carrier products and systems
- Proactive client service support for clients and small employer account management team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of employee benefits programs and compliance.
- Ability to understand and synthesize new products, technology and systems to develop cutting edge creative solutions that meet client needs.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, tact, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with employees and Human Resources professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, Internet software and Database software.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Problem Solving Skills- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Analytical Skill- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Team Work- Balances team and individual responsibilities; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative- Undertakes self-development activities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Education / Work Experience- Associate’s Degree or equivalent; or two to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates and Licenses- Utah Life and Health Producer's License. Utah Life and Health Consultant's License strongly preferred.
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.