Vice President, Finance
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
Ground Control Business Management (part of NFP Corp) is a business management firm built for those with boundless potential. We act as a financial concierge, designing and implementing a customized plan to meet the needs of our client's career and lifestyle.
Ground Control Business Management is seeking an experienced VP of Finance to join our rapidly growing firm. The VP of Finance will be responsible for the development of Ground Control’s financial management strategies and will play a pivotal role in driving the firm’s overall financial success. This role will work closely with members in leadership to carry out financial planning, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting. This position will further be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, and year-end preparation. Qualified candidates will possess a strong combination of financial and accounting expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen.
This is a full-time position based out of Los Angeles, CA, with the consideration to work remotely.
- Enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflows.
- Ensure bank compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Review and analyze client billing data and address discrepancies as needed directly with staff.
- Execute annual budgeting process, working closely with leadership to ensure accurate and achievable budgets.
- Cultivate strong relationships with 3rd party vendors including but not limited to banks, legal firms, client service providers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks and reporting standards.
- Maintain reporting systems ensuring compliance with GAAP standards, regulatory requirements, and reporting needs.
- Remain up to date with Accounting Standards Codification (ASC) in order to determine proper action of various accounting matters.
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain accounting and financial controls.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assist in developing and supporting short and long-term operational strategies.
- Management of monthly closing process including overseeing client billing, preparation of variance explanations and report generation.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close processes.
- Implement cost controls to ensure alignment to budgets and to maximize profitability.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Respond to management regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and other reports.
- Special projects as assigned by Executive leadership.
- 7-10 years of experience in business management, accounting, or related fields
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or another related field (Master’s or CPA strongly preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of success in related field/role
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Ability to use discretion as it relates to confidential company and client information
- Willingness to adjust to changing needs
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Business management experience (preferred)
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position is $135,000-$187,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.