Manager, MGA Platforms
Location: Morristown, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This role is primarily responsible for the oversight of NFP’s MGA business in the areas of support, training, development, analysis, and standardization. In doing so would serve as a key role in supporting our day-to-day operational and implementation teams by fostering positive and collaborative relationships between vendor & carrier partners, NFP leadership, the MGA support team, and its end users.
Key duties include managing the support team and partnering with the implementation team on new MGA Program onboards, adoption of new integrated applications, and optimization of existing platforms/process through NFP’s MGA Operational Design Authority.
Additional responsibilities include assistance with questions and requests from field offices that may flow through the MGA Help Desk, lead meetings, support training needs, and special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
MGA Business Support
- Provide structure and guidance to the current and future NFP MGA programs as a subject matter expert
- Manage support team that serves all MGA users. Ensure the established support workflows and SLAs are achieved
- Govern the development of the knowledge base library associated with MGA management and integrated systems and other supporting workflows
- Foster relationships with MGA carrier partners and the business to support custom reporting needs that meet specific carrier contractual requirements
- Manage, maintain, and upgrade existing solutions along with supporting the implementation of additional solutions based on organizational requirements within MGA’s digital eco systems
- Lead testing efforts of configuration, manage user testing, and other changes in IMS and other MGA integrated systems to ensure positive outcomes
- Create and execute plans to identify opportunities routinely and continuously for improvement of existing support model and processes of MGA Support
- Facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders on all things MGA Systems as required
- Serve as subject matter expert to implementation lead relative to MGA integrated systems
- Provide support to training efforts through document production and delivery of instruction as needed with MGA integrated systems
- Collaborate with NFP Implementation Lead to evaluate options and define standards for engagement of new integrated applications
- Assist with related special projects, , business requirement documentation, report development, gap analyses, and other initiatives as assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Mastery of IMS MGA Systems
- Mastery of MGA business model, procedures and regulations
- Strong use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to teach others at varying levels of knowledge
- Ability to learn and effectively use company computer systems and applications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to professionally interact with a variety of people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Willingness and flexibility to adjust to and conform with varying timelines
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Ability to work with all time zones as necessary.
Education and/or Experience:
- College Degree, Preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance licensed, Preferred.
- Broad knowledge of MGA business model and related systems
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.