Account Manager I (NE)
Location: Santa Ana, California
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Entertainment Specialty Group is looking for Account Manager with experience insuring the clients of entertainment business managers. The Account Manager is responsible for working with business managers to service client accounts. The position requires supporting them in day-to-day account management for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the business managers. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with business managers and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients. The Account Manager will also be responsible for managing their own block of business and writing new business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works proactively to maintain relationships with carrier and client contacts.
- The Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Client Executives and Advisors.
- Communicates directly with clients and carriers, in collaboration with the Client Executive or Advisor.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Will have an assigned book of business.
- The Account Manager will be responsible for writing new business accounts from leads provided by other team members from their book of business and contacts in the film/TV industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions.
- Able to work overtime as necessary.
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Intermediate level of experience in agency management system(s)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically, more than ten years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C Insurance License required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $40,000 – $78,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.