(Hybrid) Benefits Account Executive
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
We’re looking for an Account Executive to join our team. Ideal candidates will be responsible for interacting with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Account Executive will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability, and other benefit plans and act as a benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Account Executive will have indirect supervision of team members, review work for accuracy and delegate work and projects to other members of the team to ensure client deliverables are completed timely and accurately.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits, and pricing with carriers and wholesalers.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Maintains a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on time. Delegates work with more junior team members to ensure completion.
- Uses online carrier tools to develop quotations, prepare, pre-renewal information, and update client proposal tables. (small market only) Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies. (large market only)
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, companies, and clients.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Maintain relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review requests for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers, and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with the director to develop and execute client strategy plans and defined deliverables.
- Oversee open enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials.
- Conduct and present annual client compliance audits.
- Genuine understanding of client financial mechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant guidelines.
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Review the work of the Account Managers on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
- Work with the director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products, and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Diligent follow-up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 5 years of industry and product line experience.
- 4+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to carry boxes up to 20lbs.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.