Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Part time
This internship position will be responsible for underwriting administrative needs and helping to build
both our brand and organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review applications and perform initial underwriting for cannabis accounts.
- Identifying and gathering relevant account information for new business and renewal policy activity
- Participate with Underwriters in the renewal and new business activities that support marketing and underwriting decisions that are consistent with growth and retention goals.
- Process endorsements, policy changes, and account renewals
- Assess clients’ current insurance placements for strengths and deficiencies
- Work directly with specialized insurance brokers to develop business relationships
- Scheduling inspections and monitoring for compliance with recommendations.
- Manage account documentation.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week
- Individual must also possess good analytical skills, problem solving skills, and goodcommunication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Attention to details
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: NONE
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- There are no licenses/certificates required for this position.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Climate controlled office environment.
Who We Are
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients has created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer