Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Part time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
SUMMARY: This internship position will be responsible for underwriting administrative needs and helping to build both our brand and organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Review applications and perform initial underwriting for cannabis accounts
- Identifying and gathering relevant account information for new business and renewal policy activity
- Participate with Underwriters in the renewal and new business activities that support marketing and underwriting decisions that are consistent with growth and retention goals
- Process endorsements, policy changes, and account renewals
- Assess clients’ current insurance placements for strengths and deficiencies
- Work directly with specialized insurance brokers to develop business relationships
- Scheduling inspections and monitoring for compliance with recommendations
- Manage account documentation
- Assist with ad hoc reporting as needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Ability to work 10-15 hours per week
- Individual must also possess good analytical skills, problem solving skills, and good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Attention to details
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: NONE
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- There are no licenses/certificates required for this position.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Climate controlled office environment.
What We Offer
Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer