Insurance/Surety, Account Coordinator. Will Train (Charlotte, NC)
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, and provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal bonds. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior-level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and training with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
Training and mentorship will be extended to those with a high interest in an insurance career.
This is a full-time role working from our Charlotte, NC office daily. After training and with demonstrated fluency, there could be flexibility for a hybrid schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Compiles data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and the information requested are accurate.
- Performs bond renewals, and will progress to issuing bonds.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in communicating with clients, staff and stakeholders
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Possess good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, and organizational skills required
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Fluence with MS Office Suite with strong basic Excel skills
- 2+ years of high-level customer service experience. Experience in a corporate setting, working with various stakeholders is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License is not required upon hire, but will be required within the first year (we will sponsor)
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.