Associate/Coordinator, Insurance – Account Management (Hybrid - NYC)
Location: Westchester County, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
Covala Group is an administrator of disability insurance benefits for corporate clients with offices on Wall Street in Manhattan. We are a 30-person team of energetic, collaborative problem solvers. Covala is a place where people with positive attitudes who value teamwork can excel. Our name, Covala, is inspired by the covalent bond, the strongest type of chemical bond there is. Covala embodies our dedication to forming powerful bonds with our clients and among our teammates leading to innovative solutions.
Covala Group is a subsidiary of NFP. NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
We invite you to join our team!
The Client Service Associate (CSA) Account Manager position is an integral part of a five-person team. The role is central within the organization and is responsible for managing relationships with corporate clients and overseeing internal operations among different functional groups. In this role, you will participate in company-wide projects that involve working with different teams. This is an outstanding opportunity for a motivated and energetic individual to make a meaningful contribution to a growing business while gaining valuable experience. Key personality traits for success include excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong drive to deliver exceptional customer service, the ability to work effectively in a team, and a curious and inquisitive mindset.
This is a full-time role working a hybrid schedule from our NYC office for the first three months of training. You will be expected to be in the office a couple of days a week during this training period. Following the initial three-month of successful training, a hybrid/remote schedule will be determined at the manager’s discretion.
- Interact daily with the Benefits and/or Human Resource contacts at large corporate clients and top law firms providing administration and client service support for their individual disability insurance benefits
- Coordinate annual enrollment and communication campaigns to executives of our corporate clients
- Analyze census data from our corporate clients and determine eligible executive populations for enrollment campaigns
- Handle inquiries from eligible executives about the disability insurance being offered through our enrollments
- Team with our IT Group to develop reports for our corporate clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A high level of accountability and ownership of work
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team with specific deadlines
- Resourcefulness and ability to consult others to get a job done
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- A team-oriented, friendly collaborative attitude
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite with at least strong basic excel skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of Account Servicing or Corporate-level Customer Service experience
- Life and Health Insurance License preferred or must have the ability to obtain within 90 days of employment (we will sponsor)
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC is $40,000-70,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, the skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. The actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You… Better Together!
NFP and Covala Group are an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.