Sr. Consultant-Employee Benefits
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a full-time position. The Senior Financial Consultant is client facing and will serve as the lead analyst for clients with fully insured and self-insured health plans. The position requires day-to-day financial analysis, modeling and reporting for a specific set of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly claims reports and exhibits as a part of client management on all large accounts
- Act as the subject matter expert in terms of Underwriting and Financial Analysis.
- Make recommendations regarding financial issues including appropriate renewal rating, cost drivers, plan design changes, and funding methods.
- Attends client meetings/calls and leads financial discussion.
- Prepare financial modeling of plan designs, employee contributions and specific stop-loss considerations.
- Manages about 25-35 accounts with a variety of products, funding arrangements, regions and demographics.
- Manage workload effectively by prioritizing work and deliverables for yourself and other members of the Analytics team.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team members. The Senior Consultant is expected to train and mentor all other team members within Analytics.
- Ensure client deliverables are complete, accurate and confirm to standard formats.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 6-10 years of experience with a medical insurance carrier, employee benefits consultant/broker is required.
- Ability to communicate financial issues in a clear, concise and persuasive manner is required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Four year college or university degree in Finance/Statistics/Mathematics is highly preferred.
What We Offer:
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $85,000 – $120,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.