Life Ins. Case Design & Illust. Specialist (MN Hybrid or remote)
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
This position will support Diversified Brokerage Services (a subsidiary of NFP). NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2023 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
About the Position:
This is not a fine arts or IT programs design role. Case Design is related to designing the options to help the advisors find products and solutions to meet the client's needs.
Ideal candidates will provide Case Design support to Brokers and Agents in a way that adds value. Value-added activities include providing product knowledge, quotes, illustrations, and evaluating the needs of the client by doing additional fact-finding that will provide case-winning support to the agent – earning the right to ask for the next piece of business.
The opportunities for growth within the company make this an ideal position if you're enthusiastic, motivated, and interested in becoming part of a well-established positive work environment. In addition, you can feel confident that you’re on a career path that truly matters and makes a difference in this world.
We offer the flexibility of a hybrid schedule from our Minneapolis office and are open to a fully remote hire (any US city) with demonstrated Life Insurance Case Design experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide case design assistance for agents via phone consultation. Differentiate our assistance from our competitors by delivering a creative, customized solution that considers plan objectives, known health history, special funding alternatives, information about competition and carrier-specific strengths, etc. Utilize a wide degree of creativity and latitude to analyze and make independent decisions for each case and client; provide conclusions based on this analysis.
- Begin the process of evaluating insurability, match the proposed insured with carriers and products that best suit stated client objectives, provide original solutions and alternatives, and identify circumstances under which each might be a best recommendation. When appropriate, provide a set of alternative illustrations to enhance the quality of the solutions provided.
- Document each interaction in the internal system, and complete follow-up activity on each case. When following up be sure to recognize new opportunities and initiate actions to capitalize on them. Always thank the producer for their business.
- Complete proactive calls to follow-up on all ‘hot-sheet’ cases within 10 days. Continually look for opportunities to reach out to top 50 producers with information and advice. Seek new and productive ways to make an impact on the producer’s business. Act like you have a stake in their success because you do!
- Act as an effective team player who adds complementary skills and contributes valuable ideas, opinions and feedback that will benefit the Case Design Team as a whole. Support Case Design Analysts by answering questions and providing tips & suggestions.
- Attend carrier events, participate in conference calls/webinars, and collaborate with fellow CDAs supporting other channels to remain current with company and industry activities, e.g., company ratings, product introductions, rate changes, etc. Use critical thinking to seek out new ideas and processes that will benefit the team and enhance the success of the company.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Thorough knowledge of life insurance products, planning techniques, illustration systems and CRM systems.
- The ability to interact with and influence marketers affiliated with the Independent Marketing Organizations and the agents they bring to us. The ability to instill confidence in our ability to provide support.
- Spot elements of the case require special attention and could sway the producer to a solution that wouldn’t have been obvious without a complete understanding of the competitive landscape and product specifics.
- Industry experience that allows this person to speak the language of the producer and have good intuition about issues that might win or lose the case. Strong understanding of various carriers within the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of DBS, our clients, the products, services, and approaches. Achieve a high degree of familiarity as to what the various roles and responsibilities within the organization are, and how they relate to/depend upon the various initiatives and day-to-day execution of DBS’s business. Develop and nurture strong relationships with clients both internal and external, vendors and industry organizations, as well as continue to expand the sphere of influence within DBS and the company.
Education and/or Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent required. Additional education or training preferred.
- Extensive experience providing sales desk support to agents in either a BGA or Home Office environment.
- Experience in life insurance, preferably in a Life Insurance Case Design role or brokerage agency setting. Personal sales experience is not required but will be valuable.
- Experience with Winflex Web, Ensight, and Salesforce preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life & Health License preferred or able to obtain within 60 days of hire.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.