Flex Benefits Specialist (remote or hybrid-MA)
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Division within NFP
American Benefits Group (ABG) is one of the nation’s leading employee benefit solution providers for Consumer Directed Health accounts, COBRA and Direct Billing services. Over the course of the past 25 years we have grown considerably and we are looking to grow our team even further. We are transforming the benefits administration industry with empowering technology and a world class customer service experience. Come join us and be a part of a team of outstanding individuals working towards building benefit solutions and creating great futures. We’re proud to be on the leading edge of our industry today, and as we move into the future of Consumer Directed Health Care. Our core mission is to deliver our empowering technology solutions and exceptional service while building strong long term relationships with our clients, brokers, consultants and participants.
Position Summary/Objective – Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist supports and serves participants, clients, and brokers with their pre-tax flex benefit needs. This person will help to administer flexible spending accounts (FSA’s), health reimbursement arrangements (HRA’s), health savings accounts (HSA’s) and commuter benefits.
This position is perfect for you if you have the required flex benefits experience and you thrive to help others understand and access said benefits. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
This is a full-time position for our North Hampton, Massachusetts office; we offer the flexibility for experienced candidates with flex-benefits administration experience to work remotely from any U.S city on an 8:30-5:00pm EST schedule. In order to work remotely, you must maintain a confidential workspace and high-speed internet access.
- Work on a team-based, call-center que fielding incoming emails and phone calls with courteousness, professionalism, and accuracy.
- Provide first-tier technical support (password resets, website help etc.) as well as assist participants with account management questions.
- Provide excellent customer service with an ability to be knowledgeable, patient, compassionate and resourceful.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on participant and client issues while documenting all interactions and expediting issues to appropriate team members when necessary.
- Process daily transactions and changes promptly and accurately.
- Work with the new customer on-boarding team to balance the workflow.
- Answer and return all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Understand and apply all confidentiality guidelines.
- Continually gain knowledge of relative compliance topics and better understanding of our products, services, systems and processes; their features and functionality.
- Generate customer satisfaction and build long term relationships.
- Experience with Alegeus or similar software for benefits administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong analytical and mathematical and technical skills.
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills communication skills. Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional and ethical manner.
- Attention to detail and follow-through; maintains a sense of urgency while being flexible to changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to work independently while making decisions utilizing sound judgment.
- Must be able to cope in fast-paced environment managing sensitive, confidential issues.
- Must be able to handle call volume and administrator/operations functions.
- Must value and promote team spirit, have outstanding interpersonal skill set; exhibit professionalism within the workplace; maintain punctuality and adherence to set schedule; have solid research and follow-up skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of flex benefits administration required
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience preferred. HS Diploma or GED required
- 2+ years of related Benefits experience and using a SaaS web-based application required
- 2+ years in a Customer Support/Account Management-type role preferred
- Track record as an enthusiastic team player with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- A passion to make customers and coworkers feel important and valued
- Proficient PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
Preferred Skills – Not a requirement
- Bilingual, Spanish
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.