Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
This role will support the Payroll Manager for the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region. This position will be responsible for all HR and Payroll changes in the UltiPro system as well as managing time cards, PTO balances, employee inquiries, and assisting in various payroll-related tasks. This individual needs to be someone who can work well in a fast paced, high volume environment who has the ability to deal with sensitive and highly confidential information in a productive and organized way.
This is a remote position, unless near a NFP office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as the first point of contact for all payroll, time management, LOA and PTO inquiries
- Instructs employees on how to update their information through self-service
- Assist managers with the understanding of UltiPro timesheets and PTO; provide NFP policies if needed
- Handle changes to employee payroll information, such as new hires, terminations, promotions, and wage changes
- Verify timecards and work with department managers to resolve discrepancies
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll for all employees
- Assist with year-end payroll reporting and reconciliations
- Generate reports for accounting, human resources, and other departments as needed
- Responsible for Employee verifications and Unemployment claims
- Operate as leave of absence liaison working with employees to understand leave policies and pay
- Stay informed about federal, state, and local labor laws and tax regulations and ensure payroll practices adhere to them
- Collaborate with HR, Finance, and other departments to ensure accurate and efficient payroll processes
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Previous experience in payroll processing or HR administration is a plus
- Proficiency in using payroll software and MS Excel- UltiPro is a plus
- Knowledge of payroll laws, regulations, and tax compliance; FMLA, STD and State Leaves
- Solid analytical, mathematical, and research skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Effective communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Highly organized
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- 1+ years of Payroll experience
- Associate’s Degree in a related field (accounting/finance, HR)
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others'. The base salary range for this position is $50,000 – $85,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.