(In-Office) Plan & Relationship Manager, Executive Benefits
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
The Plan Manager will act as the primary point of contact for clients with corporate-sponsored executive benefit plans and related insurance products. The role assists the client with understanding issues, priorities and deliverables, troubleshooting and solving benefit plan related problems. In responding to requests from the client, it is the Insurance Services Plan Manager’s responsibility to ensure that the appropriate internal teams are involved in the planning and solution. This position will offer exceptional service for large multi-national corporations and their executive participants and strive to create efficiencies for the client contacts.
Additional support provided to Managing Directors and Directors in areas including marketing, prospect outreach, plan design proposals, periodic communications, specific client follow-up, meeting coordination, meeting preparation, and meeting documentation, and contact management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Some background in large company benefit programs and an understanding of life, group, and disability insurance is necessary.
This position requires extraordinary client communication skills and particular attention to details, coupled with excellent analytical, spreadsheet and computer acumen. The ability to adapt to the expectations of multiple contacts is also key.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage client relationships from initial purchase through termination of plan
- Develop and set reasonable expectations for this highly focused, sometimes demanding and results-oriented client
- Collaborate with client team to negotiate priorities and deliverables
- Clearly communicate service commitments to client
- Help identify ways to improve efficiency and service
- Ensure positive client experience
- Ensure documented procedures and contact information are accurate and up to date
- Accurately prepare and deliver client reporting within accepted timeframe
- Prepare additional ad hoc reporting as required by client
- Work with other Plan Managers, assisting when necessary
- Assist client with all aspects of their plan… including premiums, contributions, cash values, allocations, illustrations
- Process appropriate application, forms and death claims with carrier
- Process new account registration and internal client documentation
- Maintain accurate client record both electronically and hard copy where required
- Work with carriers to correct reporting errors
- Assist in preparation and proofing of other team member reports
- Assist in preparation of presentation and proofing of presentations
- Assist with RFP responses
- Travel, as required
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Business Degree
- Client service experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Building and maintaining successful relationships
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Life Insurance license and FINRA registration preferred
What We Offer :
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $59,000 – $81,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.