Consultant -Employee Benefits
Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
NFP, a growing employee benefits consulting and brokerage firm located in Warrington, PA and recipient of Named as one of the Best Places to Work for the past 14 consecutive years with Philadelphia Business Journal and 5 consecutive years with Business Insurance. is seeking an experienced benefits consultant. The successful candidates will join an expert team that partners with clients to design, implement and manage their employee benefit programs. Strong presentation and client relationship building skills, financial aptitude, solid attention to detail and seasoned analytical ability are the key skills that a successful benefit consultant should possess. Candidates should have benefits experience including but not limited to group benefits.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Implementation and day-to-day administrative oversight of all employee benefit products, including medical, prescription, dental, vision, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability and voluntary/worksite benefit offerings
- Developing and maintaining multiple client relationships; takes significant role in meetings and on calls
- Maintains relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients
- Analyzing and negotiating fully insured medical and prescription drug renewals
- Analyzing self-funded medical and PBM proposals
- Financial analysis: developing self-funded projections and conventional equivalent rates, claims and utilization analysis
- Preparing RFPs and analyzing results
- Preparing renewal reports and other strategic reports to include making recommendations and identifying alternative approaches
- Administration/technology guidance and implementation support
- Compliance oversight and support
- Reviews, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy. Understands more difficult and complex regulatory language and rules.
- Resolving claims, billing and other service issues
Candidates must have excellent:
- Attention to detail and commitment to outstanding client service
- Interpersonal skills to work on team with multiple clients and carriers
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple tasks at the same time
- Financial and analytical skills
- Project management, time management and organizational skills needed to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Computer skills; proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and experience requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.