Account Coordinator, Personal Risk Insurance (hybrid VA )
Location: Tysons, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
Summary of Role:
This is a support role, requiring the coordinator to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team’s day-to-day servicing of clients. While in this role, the Coordinator is beginning to have client contact, via more senior team members. They may join meetings and client calls but will be responsible for listening, taking notes and providing follow-up to the team. In this role, the Coordinator will begin to learn the functions of the Account Manager, most specifically begin to get exposure to the RFP process and continue to expand upon their industry knowledge through special projects as directed by senior team members.
This is a full-time role working an in-office schedule from our Onancock, VA or Chincoteague, VA, office. Following successful training, a hybrid schedule may be determined at the manager’s discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality control after Account Managers service customers as a result of writing policies, making changes, etc.
- Maintains electronic suspense file in Epic as part of daily work management
- Will assist on various projects as needed and assigned by Department Manager
- Mail processing
- Develops, maintains, and demonstrates working knowledge with our numerous carriers including their websites
- Performs policy checking.
- Creates and maintains client files in the agency management system in accordance with office workflow and procedures.
- Work with other departments to ensure data integrity
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ideal candidates will have 2+ years of administration/ops and customer service experience
- Experience in P&C insurance, especially Personal Lines coverage is highly desired
- HS Diploma or GED required: additional education/training preferred
- Experience in insurance and EPIC software is desired
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of stakeholders
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong emphasis on attention to detail
- Strong priority management skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License is not required upon hire but may be required within six months of hire.
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.