Client Service Associate, Long-Term Care (hybrid NYC or EST remote)
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Covala Group (part of NFP Corp) is a proven enroller and administrator of voluntary, supplemental and individual disability benefits for large employers. Since 1993 we have connected employees of our clients to over $4.5 billion of income protection. We have also assisted Fortune 500 companies in the development and implementation of group life insurance, corporate owned life insurance, and long-term care programs. Our name, Covala, was inspired by the covalent bond, the strongest type of chemical bond there is. Covala embodies our dedication to forming powerful bonds with our clients and plan participants — connecting them to the benefits they need and the service they deserve.
We’re part of NFP, a seven-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. NFP is a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 8,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions.
The Client Service Associate, Customer Service (Long-Term Care) position is an integral part of a 6-person team. The role is central within the organization and is responsible for ensuring our clients' satisfaction and success throughout their benefits enrollment journey. You will be responsible for providing expert Long-Term Care (LTC) benefit enrollment guidance and delivering exceptional customer service to employees of our corporate clients.
The individual in this position will participate in company-wide projects that involve working with different teams. Key personality traits for success include high energy and drive, the ability to work on a team and a questioning mind. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to contribute meaningfully to a growing business and gain valuable experience.
Candidates for this position may be considered for a hybrid work arrangement from our NYC office or a fully remote role, based on their location and our needs. While the role is designed to accommodate location flexibility, there may be occasional training sessions or meetings held either in-person or virtually to ensure a well-rounded onboarding and skill-development experience. This is a full-time position and you must be able to work EST hours M-F.
Customer Service Excellence:
- Deliver exceptional customer service to address phone and e-mail inquiries, resolve issues, and provide timely assistance to LTC policy owners throughout the client lifecycle.
- Proactively anticipate customer needs and provide proactive solutions to enhance overall customer satisfaction.
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal Covala teams, ensuring seamless communication and efficient issue resolution.
Licensed Benefit Enroller:
- Have (or be available to obtain after hire) a valid Life and Health insurance license and a LTC state certification, to enroll employees in various benefits packages, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Educate the employees of our corporate clients, on the available LTC benefit options, coverage details, and plan features to facilitate well-informed decision-making.
- Provide personalized support by guiding those employees through the selection of benefit plans and successfully executing the enrollment process
- As your role evolves, you will develop a deep, on-going understanding of the products and services Covala Group supports to confidently address customer inquiries.
- Collaborate with the Operations Program Manager to provide valuable insights for process enhancements based on experience and customer feedback.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices in employee benefits enrollment and customer success management.
- 2-3 years of Account Servicing or Corporate-level Customer Service experience in account management or a similar client-facing role.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); prior experience utilizing Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software a plus.
- A high level of accountability and ownership of work.
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team with specific deadlines.
- Resourcefulness and ability to consult others.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and manage time.
- A team-oriented, friendly collaborative attitude.
- Ability to embrace change and adjust to evolving business needs.
- An active insurance license (e.g., Life and Health with LTC state certification) or availability to obtain a license after the first 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of employee benefits, especially Long-Term Care insurance.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and growing client accounts, achieving high customer satisfaction, and driving retention.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- Office located in the heart of Lower Manhattan (Financial District)
- Option to work remotely (equipment provided)
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, etc.)
- 401K Match
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Education assistance program
- Exclusive discount programs
- Health and Wellness programs
What We Offer
We're proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $58,000 – $75,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP and Covala Group is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.