Account Coordinator, Lawyers Professional Liability
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we’re looking for a Coordinator, in our Profession Liability Division with Thompson Flanagan, to join our team who’ll be responsible for assisting in servicing professional liability insurance for Law Firms.
This is a hybrid position with working-from-home flexibility 2-3 days a week after the initial 30-day training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with producers to initiate the renewal process for current clients on a recurring monthly basis. Need to gather the necessary applications and supplements to get the process started.
- Helping producers communicate correspondence with clients, carriers, and underwriters throughout the policy year.
- Teaming with producers for market submissions to the marketplace in an efficient and timely manner.
- Setting and maintaining activities for producers on a year-round basis. An activity needs to be open from start to finish during the renewal process.
- Creating proposals for producers in a timely and accurate manner for both clients and prospects.
- Presenting proposals to clients on auto-renewal and smaller accounts.
- Drafting binders, invoices, financing contracts, and certificates of insurance during the binding process for both clients and new clients.
- Maintaining accurate e-files for clients by saving appropriate binders, invoices, policies, etc. that are received from carriers.
- Keeping the system files organized with all broker correspondence, binders, policies, loss runs, etc.
- Proactively following up for policy issuance from carriers and comparing policies to binders once issued.
- Sending policies to clients in a timely manner after they have been reviewed for accuracy.
- Maintaining client checklist throughout the renewal process.
- Reporting claims to carriers and tracking acknowledgments in a claims spreadsheet.
- Requesting loss runs prior to renewal and comparing excess loss runs to underlying (if applicable).
- Keeping client data current in a customized Excel platform.
- Assisting in creating Excel spreadsheets for various projects and initiatives.
- Inputting prospects and data into the Client Management System.
- Creating certificates of insurance for clients throughout the year.
- Assisting in the setting of activities and follow-up for producers.
- Work with internal partners, clients, and carriers to ensure accurate and timely responses to all
- outstanding issues.
- Work with all clients and partners in a manner that fosters mutual respect and teamwork.
- On-site ongoing training required and provided for all above duties/responsibilities (for approximately 6-12 months from the start date.)
- Respond to requests from all clients and partners by stated timeframes.
- Review emails within 24 hours, and client voicemails within 2-4 hours.
- Correctly completing surplus line forms from carriers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Self-motivated, self-starter, able to identify and tackle a variety of issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with internal partners, clients, and carriers.
- Demonstrate an "above and beyond" attitude to ensure client satisfaction and to support key Thompson Flanagan initiatives.
- Ability to consistently be on time for work and all scheduled meetings and training classes.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to self-check work.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Task-oriented, excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to maintain communication with the professional liability team, as well as clients and prospects as needed.
- High-level knowledge of computer and word processing programs such as Microsoft Office Programs, Salesforce, and Agency Management Systems.
Education and/or Experience
- Prior customer service experience is preferred.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- P&C License is generally not required at this level but may be required per state law.
Who We Are:
Thompson Flanagan is a premier insurance brokerage firm, one born from the belief that there’s a better way to operate as brokers. Thompson Flanagan pairs world-class responsiveness with a rigorous approach to the understanding and appreciation of our clients’ business challenges to determine the best ways to tackle them. Our team-based model empowers every team member to add value and our entrepreneurial mindset keeps everyone relentlessly focused on our clients’ success.
Insurance is complex. That’s why we (at Thompson Flanagan) act as true advocates for our clients—many of whom are law firms, private equity and title companies across the country. We guide them through this maze, knowing how much the right solution can mean to their business. We treat them as we’d like to be treated—keeping them top of mind, communicating openly and being proactive on their behalf. We work as a team, share information constantly and always try to find an even better solution.
Thompson Flanagan assures equal employment opportunity in all its hiring and employment policies and practices. These policies and practices are administered without regard to legally protected categories such as: race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy status or medical conditions related to childbirth, and/or any other factor protected by law.
Thompson Flanagan is a wholly owned subsidiary of NFP, Corp.