Associate, Investments Trader (Hybrid)
Location: Westport, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment Advisory firm with $20B in AUM. We have more than 300 employees serving clients from 22 offices in 12 states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all aspects of a client's financial life to deliver thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment Advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations. For more information on Wealthspire Advisors, please visit www.wealthspire.com.
The Investment Team provides centralized insight for the Advisors and Firm on all aspects of asset allocation, portfolio construction, manager selection and due diligence, trading and capital markets assumptions, among other areas. The Head Trader is hiring for a dynamic Analyst or Associate. Intellectual energy and rigor are “have to haves” for this role; previous trading experience is a “nice to have.” As a key member of a small but critical team, the role will provide immediate exposure to internal investment personnel, to senior management supporting our Key Results, and to Advisors and their clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the Head Trader and Investment Team
- Learn our trading system, Tamarac
- Learn our model portfolios and understand how to rebalance portfolios to run consistent with models and our investment philosophy
- Serve as a resource to Advisors for anything trading related
- Work with other functional areas (Operations, Technology, etc) supporting client retention and growth
- Support the one-off projects and research ideas of the Head Trader and broader Investment Team members
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, self-starter when it comes to new challenges.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
Education and/or Experience
- One to three years of relevant experience in the wealth management industry.
- Bachelors’ degree o in finance or related field
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Completed or pursuing CAIA, CIMA, CFA, or CFP preferred.
- Commitment to mentorship, training, education, and next-generation career development
- Competitive salary based on experience and incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Medical, dental, short-term and long-term disability benefits.
- PTO and paid holidays
- Paid training and professional memberships
The Wealthspire office in either New York City; Westport, CT; Potomac, MD; or Madison, WI.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Wealthspire
Wealthspire is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that values diversity as a fundamental asset. Research substantiates that diverse teams are not only more innovative but also make more informed decisions, leading to increased employee engagement and client satisfaction.
- Equal Opportunity:We are an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Culture Add Over Culture Fit:Rather than seeking candidates who merely fit into our existing culture, we prioritize those who will add new dimensions to it. We welcome individuals who bring unique perspectives, experiences, and skills that enrich our team and client interactions.
- Inclusive Excellence:We believe that true excellence can only be achieved in an environment where every employee feels empowered and included. Our commitment to diversity extends beyond hiring practices to every facet of our business.
Do you see yourself excelling in this position?
Don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet every qualification on the list. We recognize that career journeys are as unique as individuals themselves, and valuable skills can come in various forms. We're eager to learn about your unique talents and experiences.
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others. The base salary range for this position is $63,000 – $85,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.