Senior Developer Support Engineer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
You are an articulate and seasoned technical expert who understands and can appreciate the challenges developers face integrating multiple services into custom apps. You have a technical depth, developer skillset, and a real passion for helping Okta's customers and partners use our secure, scalable, Identity Platform.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide well-thought-out and reliable advice and troubleshooting for application development with Okta APIs with existing and prospective customers, ISVs, and developers.
- Create process and generate troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Take end-to-end ownership of questions and issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution.
- Write code/scripts to build user scenarios using Okta API and SDKs, to reproduce issues.
- Maintain active and cross-functional relationships beyond the Developer Support pod
- Help developers understand how Okta works, and the various technical use cases of the platform.
- Collect information and document bugs with Engineering for API and product issues.
- Provide feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Craft process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Engage and respond to the Okta developer community through Stack Overflow, forums, etc.
- Deliver against customer experience targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline
- 5+ year of experience in Customer Support, technical support or software development preferably customer facing role.
- Motivation to work in a leadership role in a technical team. Ability to work independently with little direct supervision and as a part of a team. Excellent analytical and organizational abilities.
- Experience working on cloud applications
- Expertise supporting both classic and modern web stacks (e.g., JSP, Rails, Django/Flask, Node.js. ASP.NET.)
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- Real passion for solving issues and advocating for their success, in a dynamic, highly technical environment. Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service and communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
STRONGLY DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience mentoring and training Support Engineers to successful outcomes.
- Leadership experience in a technical team.
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation.
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $103,000/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.