Staff Software Engineer, Identity Governance
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of enterprise identity. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 6,500 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 7,950 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers
The vision is to make Okta the de facto provider of the cloud identity and access management, and help customers migrate to cloud based identity and access management solutions.
Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) team is one of the fastest moving teams in Okta. Our mission is to build a unified IAM and Governance solution so that our customers can improve their security posture while mitigating modern security risks and increasing efficiency. We just launched our first release this summer and we are looking for more talented people joining us to redefine what a modern Governance solution should look like.
As a full stack engineer in IGA team, you will
- Discuss, challenge and iterate the product design together with the product team
- Build highly resilient and scalable Access Request component in Okta Identity Governance solution
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Write Unit Test, Functional Test and Integration Test
- Participate in scrum activities, including daily standup, planning, review, retro, etc
- 7+ years of full stack software development experience building highly-reliable, mission-critical software
- At least two years' experience as a Node.js developer
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Experience with high-pace test-driven development and continuous integration environments
- Experience with server-side technologies including caching, asynchronous processing, and multi-threading
- Knowledge/experience about workflow and business process modeling system
Nice to Haves
- Exposure to micro service & events based async architecture
- Experience with Express, React, Next.js, Mongoose
- Experience with high performance MongoDB environments
- Experience using public cloud (GCP, AWS), docker containers, Kubernetes, Terraform, Circle CI/CD, Helm
Education and Training
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or relevant industry experience
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.