Sales Development Manager
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Sales Development at Okta is a specialized team focused on the Top of the Funnel built to generate repeatable quality pipeline. We are a team of trustworthy, high performing, productive, and motivated individuals, where the work is meaningful and achievements are recognized. We operate in a fast paced, innovative environment in hyper growth mode.
In this highly visible role, you will lead a team of sales development representatives who are responsible for both inbound lead processing as well as cold outbound outreach. You’ll collaborate with Sales, Demand Generation, Recruiting, HR, Sales Enablement and Operations teams to develop our people while achieving amazing results.
We believe in hiring outstanding professionals and give them the autonomy to run their own business. We invest in our people by providing them training, professional development and access to the best tools and technology in the industry. We value innovation and welcome new ideas.
What you’ll do
- Develop your team’s quarterly plan to meet/exceed pipeline targets
- Hire and onboard new Sales Development Representatives, who are often young professionals earlier in their career
- Develop your team’s skills for outbound prospecting, qualifying, and Opportunity creation
- Provide your team with regular coaching, feedback, and professional development
- Closely monitor metrics and KPIs with the aim to increase productivity
- Work closely with sales managers and account executives to ensure proper alignment on account coverage, target personas, opportunity quality and SDR to AE hand-off
- Articulate the business value of Okta, and maintain in-depth knowledge of the Okta platform, our competitors, and industry trends
- Manage quota achievements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years in sales or sales development or 1+ years leading a team
- Effective presentation and listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data driven decisions
- Expertise in using Salesforce.com (other sales development tools/methodologies is a plus)
- Proven ability to effectively hire and train new people
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments and ability to operate with some level of ambiguity
- Experience prospecting or selling into accounts
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.