Product Analyst Intern (Summer 2023)
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Location: Remote or In-Person
Okta is looking for a Product Analyst Intern to help us support our core business, financial and people systems. As a Product Analyst Intern you will be a shared owner of the vision for Okta business applications. The ideal candidate should have a solid analytical mindset, excellent interpersonal communications, diligent time management skills, be team-oriented and have a strong work ethic. This role will assist other core Product Analysts and Product Managers across IT for strategic and business as usual projects.
Okta values you as an individual. We are committed to career progression, employee wellbeing, and making a positive impact in our local communities. As an Okta Intern, we offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and an amazing team culture. We also offer high priority projects, great mentors, hackathons and Lunch-n-Learns with Okta leaders. Read what former interns are saying about their experience as an Okta intern: https://www.okta.com/company/careers/intern-program/
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with individual contributors within the business IT teams to solve key business problems by either driving process change or making systematic recommendations for delivery
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for business systems and continuously identify gaps and opportunities for automation projects that will streamline processes
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work, root cause analysis and provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions; conduct requirements gathering/analysis and learn the Agile methodology
- Assist in cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications. Includes identifying unspoken or conflicting requirements and challenging the norm
- Assist in building innovative solutions that automate and scale Okta business systems for the operations teams
- Perform unit and functional testing and coordinate user acceptance testing with operations teams.
- Bachelor's degree in progress in Management Information Systems, IT, Human Resources, Project Management or other analytics-related field
- Exceptional communication with active listening skills, and ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong problem solving and analytical/critical thinking skills needed.
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community - with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.