Associate Technical Account Manager, Customer Identity Cloud
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
The Associate Technical Account Manager role is vital in the continued growth of Okta's Customer Identity Cloud (CIC). This is a new role to support our Small and Mid-Size customers, working side by side with the Sales team and supported by Technical Account Managers. You will join a team that has contributed significantly to the success of CIC in terms of retaining and growing our customer portfolio.
As a CIC Associate Technical Account Manager (TAM A), you will be responsible for ensuring that our customers in the small and mid-market segments are achieving the full value from their CIC investment. You will have a passion for working with customers, helping them achieve tangible results by applying CIC solutions in their technology platform.
The TAM A position is for those who wish to build their career in a customer-facing, technically-minded SaaS team. In this position, you will have time to work towards various CIC certifications and training to develop your ability to work with diverse accounts and grow your technical understanding. We don’t expect that you have all the experience already, but we want folks who have drive and passion for the space and the opportunity.
In return, you will have support from the TAM Manager and close working relationships with Sales to develop a winning formula. We utilize best-in-class tools including Salesforce, Gainsight, Looker, Google Docs, Zoom, as well as in-house tooling, and we strive to provide our team with further career opportunities.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will track customer goals and implementation progress to support and drive customer momentum.
- You’ll research flagged accounts for relevant data points and research product-related questions.
- You will support inbound customer queries from technical and business contacts.
- Monitor customer health and satisfaction, execute packaged programs to drive lagging customers to a healthy state.
- Use data to monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends.
- Provide ongoing account summaries, project status, and success stories to internal teams.
- Support the wider team to execute on 1:many programs that remove roadblocks and enable customers for ongoing adoption.
- Handle a customer portfolio and take customer calls, document and address follow-up questions.
- Over time, you will demonstrate to clients on how existing and new product features and functionality work and how they can contribute to their business growth.
- You will keep up to date on new features and industry trends.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You’re a self-starter who enjoys the challenge of a demanding and varied workflow.
- Curious to learn about customers.
- Have excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Good at rapid problem-solving.
- Results-orientated in achieving your goals.
- Have an interest and drive to learn new technology and technical topics, such as product features, development lifecycle, extensibility points, etc.
- Customer-first mindset with the energy and problem-solving skills to help customers achieve their business and technical objectives.
- Have some knowledge/experience with technical, ideally developer, topics.
- Interested in influencing customer behavior, health metrics, and driving towards mutual success.
- Experience in project coordination, or management is preferred; able to track and manage the moving parts of multiple parallel projects.
- Familiarity with SaaS platforms and services, their adoption, integration, and ongoing use.
We’d be incredibly excited if:
- Understand identity, authentication, and authorization and their need and value in modern applications.
- Have experience in account management or customer success in developer or technically focused products and services.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $86,600/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.