Competitive Intelligence, New Grad, Customer Identity Cloud
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
The Customer Identity Cloud (formerly Auth0) is an easy to implement, authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make applications’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Okta is seeking a Technical Product Manager I to join our Competitive Intelligence (CI) team. You will work directly with the Director of Competitive Intelligence and work in close collaboration with multiple teams at Auth0. Your role will be to provide actionable insights into competitor technologies and a roadmap to other groups at Auth0.
Location: Remote (US or Canada)
We are looking for recent engineering graduates who are ready to kickstart their careers! You will join our Competitive Intelligence team where you will address real-world challenges and create innovative value for our customers. We are looking for problem solvers who care about making a meaningful impact for our customers and enjoy working as part of a collaborative, distributed team. As a new grad, you will be supported along the way and will have opportunities for continuous learning and mentorship.
Technical Product Managers, Competitive Intelligence, will be an integral part of the decision-making process and help Okta achieve and maintain competitive leadership. They develop understanding, create insights, and drive actions to help improve competitive win rates. Employees in this role identify competitive trends, provide early warning on threats and opportunities in the evolving competitive landscape, and evaluate their impact on Okta. They help decision-makers understand the competitive implications of current and potential decisions and drive action across the company through timely, high-impact deliverables.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the expert on key capabilities and differentiators in the Identity market
- Execute research on competitive developments through different channels, including market research, industry analysis, win-loss customer direct conversations, and general surveys
- Directly participate in strategic opportunities supporting teams with technology positioning to help differentiate Okta
- Directly support technical field enablement through different channels
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams in defining sustainable technical differentiation positions to be used by the technical sales teams
- Partner with the Technical Product Marketing team and deliver actionable and current competitive updates to the sales and technical sales organizations
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Work ethic and inspiring action, goes above and beyond, engages others to get work done, and maintains balance
- Strong written communication skills
- Research skills; Ability to identify and distill appropriate data
- Skilled in building relationships, listening, and managing time
- Software engineering experience in SaaS Software within the Identity and/or Security industries
- Graduated within the past 12 months, or will be graduating by Spring 2023, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering equivalent or has completed an Engineering Bootcamp program within the same time frame.
- Prior internship and/or familiarity with sales engineering or other customer-facing technical roles.
- Prior internship and/or familiarity with SaaS and Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure).
- Ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic on a whiteboard, ideally on the fly.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced and high-growth global company is strongly preferred.
We are accepting applications until our vacancies are filled or until March 30, 2023.
As part of our growth, we are committed to building an inclusive work environment where all feel welcomed as their authentic selves—inclusive of all genders, sexual orientations, ethnicities, races, education, ages, or other personal characteristics.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.