Group Manager, Developer Content, Workforce Identity
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Okta’s Workforce Identity products are the foundation for enabling customers to increase internal and external collaboration by providing friction-free and secure access to on-prem and cloud apps from anywhere and any device; for improving IT agility by simplifying identity management and saving time on cumbersome processes such as employee/partner/vendor onboarding and password-resets; and for strengthening security by reducing the risk of identity-centric cybersecurity attacks
We are looking for a strong, seasoned leader, developer and writer with an eye for developer experience to lead as well as be an individual contributor to the Developer Content team, as part of the effort to turn builders who use Okta into Okta champions.This role requires an expert in how developers learn and consume documentation and content. You should be a strong, polyglot developer and writer who is passionate about the latest and greatest approaches to reaching other developers through documentation and content.
As the Manager of the Developer Content team, your role is to empower your team of developer content engineers to shape the content experience and information architecture for our workforce Identity cloud developer content in partnership with other developer content stakeholders at Okta such as technical writing teams across the company.
This role has a significant impact on our bottom line.
Your role on the team will be to empower your team and shape Okta’s developer content experience strategy in partnership with other developer relations and technical writing teams. You will also be expected to develop content from time to time as an individual contributor.
- Help craft and curate the developer content experience ( including documentation and related educational materials) for professional 3rd party developers.
- Streamlining, managing, and driving adoption of processes for efficient documentation contribution
- Lead a team of other developer documentation engineers
- Driving change in public websites and other Okta developer-facing properties,
- Engaging with engineers and authors contributing documentation , sample code and other content
- Working across Okta to determine and prioritize developer content updates, as well as leading coordination of input into session preparation, sample projects, and content published directly to the developer site and other Okta developer facing properties.
- Excellent communication skills, and demonstrated ability to interact effectively with both business and engineering.
- Relevant people management or leadership experience with initiatives at Okta developer scale.
- Empathy for developers, regardless of skill level
- Project management skills
- Strong technical (developer) background to challenge and enable the best software development teams. Previous experience in Identity and Access Management will be an added advantage
- Experience shaping and shipping high quality developer-facing content and documentation.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with proven ability to follow through and deliver with unyielding attention to details.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of contract and full time team members
- Real passion for enabling teams to innovate and enable the best working environment of their careers.
- Results oriented and deadline driven, with a desire to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Strong cross-functional collaborator who can influence teams across Okta.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $178,000 (/year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.