Marketing Technology Analyst, Marketing Automation
Location: San Francisco, California
Job Type: Full time
Okta is looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Technology Analyst to join the Marketing Operations and Technology team. Okta has ambitious growth plans and is striving for operational excellence across the underlying marketing technology infrastructure to support the wider go-to-market organization. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the management and optimization of Okta’s marketing technology stack and capabilities. You will work closely with various teams across the organization to bring on new technologies and optimize existing integrations to drive a program of technical efficiency, operational excellence and support a framework of data driven insights. Our ideal candidate is curious in outlook and a creative problem solver with a passion for actively driving business focused solutions through a technology lens.
As part of the wider Marketing Operations and Technology team, this individual will support the maintenance and optimization of the existing Marketing Technology infrastructure as well as the assessment and implementation of new technologies. They will have close working relationships with the Marketing Automation, Data Science and Business Technology teams working cross-functionally to optimize the implementation, performance and visibility of Okta’s Marketing Technology ecosystem across the organization. This will be a key role in ensuring Okta is maximizing the value of our technological capabilities within the marketing space.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Supporting the adoption, maintenance and project work of our core Marketing Technology infrastructure, Marketo & Salesforce, as well as connected infrastructure to ensure quality control and optimization. The wider infrastructure includes tools such as 6sense, Splash, Integrate, Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Facebook, Drift, On24, BrightTalk, Sendoso, etc.
- Supporting the evaluation of existing and new-vendors as we look to optimize the Marketing Technology stack to support Okta’s go-to-market strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for delivering and supporting new integrations to Okta’s Marketing Technology stack.
- Partner with the Marketing Operations team to ensure that data collection and data transfer across the Marketing Technology ecosystem support the marketing needs.
- Partner with the Data Science team to ensure that all necessary data across Okta’s Marketing Technology ecosystem is available for reporting. This will involve working with integrations with analytics tools and databases - via tools such as FiveTran and Tableau for example.
- Maintaining existing & creating new documentation to clearly articulate the connections and dataflows across Okta’s Marketing Technology infrastructure.
- Active monitoring of live integrations and connections to ensure timely data flow between systems and to identify, report, and troubleshoot any issues (either ongoing or intermittent) that need addressing.
- Required: 2-5 years of experience working with Marketing Technology/Operations.
- Required: Marketo Certified Expert (MCE) or 3-5 years of Marketo experience in an systems-administrator role, with exposure to supporting systems integrations.
- Required: Experience of working with Salesforce (preference for candidates who have worked directly with systems integrations with Salesforce. Salesforce certifications are a plus).
- Required: Knowledge of marketing technology & ad-tech landscape, best practices and emerging technologies.
- Required: Strong critical thinker and problem solver, with an eye for detail.
- Strong Preference: Experience of working with Marketo’s APIs.
- Preferred: Candidates with experience of core analytics tools supporting effective Marketing Technology infrastructure, such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adobe Experience Cloud (preference for Google applications).
- Preferred: Candidates with experience of integrating with analytics platforms (Tableau, Datorama, Google Data Studio/Looker Studio).
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $78,000 USD /year + equity + benefits))
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Oktahttps://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.