Staff Security Risk Analyst
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Staff Security Risk Analyst, (Remote Eligible)
The Security Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) team’s mission is to strengthen Okta’s position as the leading Identity-as-a-Service solution through proactively identifying and resolving risks to our employees, our product, and most importantly, our customers. With the ever-increasing pace of cloud application adoption, companies are struggling to find ways to accurately assess risk and act at the speed of their business.
The Staff Security Risk Analyst is a key member of the Okta Security Risk team. This position is responsible for managing the information security risk management strategy that includes risk governance, policies, controls, and tools for overseeing and managing cybersecurity, compliance, and operational risks. This position requires a leader with strong collaboration skills, extensive knowledge of security controls as well as a proven track record of working in an ambiguous and ever-changing environment. This position reports to the Director, Security Risk Management.
This position may be located anywhere in the USA.
- Identify, assess, monitor, and report on operational, security, and compliance risks
- Partner with the risk owners to develop mitigation plans in line with the risk management strategy
- Evaluate security controls and manage associated issue remediation activities
- Perform root cause analysis of control deficiencies/weaknesses and work with the business to prevent recurrence
- Manage the risk register and issue log to provide accurate reporting to senior leadership
- Manage the acceptance process for risks and issues
- Apply industry best practice for risk management across Okta, and provide insight into applying regulatory and industry frameworks to Okta’s security posture
- Support in promoting a risk-aware culture within the organization
- Build strong partnerships with cross functional teams to drive towards a cohesive view of security, compliance, and operational risks and drive remediation to closure
- Serve as a security and technology subject matter expert within the security organization; provide critical advisory in the design and adoption of security controls, particularly those intended to meet regulatory requirements
- Conduct risk and issue trend analysis and provide reports to senior management on a regular cadence
- 7+ years of security and technology risk management experience
- Relevant BA/BS degree
- Industry certification in security (CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP) or equivalent certification
- Experience managing information security risk management functions
- Track record of successfully influencing stakeholders on new processes and procedures
- Experience across regulations and common industry frameworks including but not limited to ISO, PCI, NIST CSF, COSO, and others
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Flexible and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to fast changing environments
- Strong knowledge of agile tools and GRC solutions (Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, etc.)
- This position requires the ability to access federal environments and/or have access to protected federal data. As a condition of employment for this position, the successful candidate must be able to submit documentation establishing U.S. Person status (e.g. a U.S. Citizen, National, Lawful Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee. 22 CFR 120.15) upon hire.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.