FP&A Manager - R&D Customer Identity Cloud
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With thousands of pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 15,000 organizations trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.
Okta is seeking an experienced, self-motivated FP&A R&D Finance Manager who will be a key player in supporting the Customer Identity Cloud's Engineering team. In this role deep partnerships are the foundational elements with both the business and counterparts within Finance and Accounting. This individual will play a key role in leading our monthly financial cycles, driving the review process with the Engineering Leadership team as well as facilitating opportunistic discussions around incremental funding decisions across the entire organization.
We are looking for highly motivated team players who have strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail, strong organization and communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally, as well as independently. This Is a great opportunity for candidates seeking experience within a dynamic FP&A organization, managing a key financial process, owning significant model assumptions, and providing critical business partner support those who thrive in our team enjoy creating just as much as following the known path, are comfortable with the unknown, and love discovering the stories within data. They are excited to dive into and learn new analytical and modeling techniques and technologies. They are energized by shifting priorities and new challenges but can balance the latest challenges with the rhythm of monthly reporting needs. They enjoy creating new processes and solutions to unique problems. And they view mistakes as an opportunity to learn and improve.
This position can be remote but candidate must be willing to work Pacific Time Zone hours
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the lead finance partner for the Customer Identity Cloud Engineering organization
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes for this function, including:
- Partnering with business to ensure accuracy for spend, headcount, and other key metrics based on operational performance
- Preparing budget vs. actual variance analysis and other relevant reporting
- Leading thoughtful analysis, evaluating key drivers and metrics, and partnering on driving operational efficiencies
- Collaborating with the controllership organization on accruals and other elements of the close process
- Evolving these processes, as needed
- Participate in the company’s long-range strategic planning, as applicable
- Partner with Engineering leadership on forecasting and monitoring key spend areas to assist in optimizing margins and unit economics
- Be the lead finance partner in our Engineering Center of Excellence which focuses on establishing, sustaining and iteratively optimizing management of our cloud investments
- Assist with and manage frequent ad hoc projects, including M&A, to support senior management and business decisions
- Lead process and systems improvement and scaling projects for your area and partner on cross functional teams, to drive the company’s continued growth and scaling
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of FP&A experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- MBA, Big 4 accounting, or investment banking experience a plus
- Proficiency with FP&A systems required, Anaplan experience is a HUGE plus
- Excellent financial modeling and analysis skills
- Advanced Excel/GSheet and strong presentation skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, both written and verbal
- Prior experience in a high-growth high tech/software/SaaS organization is a plus
- Very comfortable with change and challenging the status quo
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.