Benefits Program Manager, Americas
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Okta is looking for a skilled and knowledgeable Benefits Manager, Americas. The ideal candidate will be excited about opportunities to build & scale a cutting-edge benefits function, streamline and automate processes, and collaborate with cross-functional partners within the company. The candidate will have experience administering benefits for large organizations and effectively working with teams globally.
As a member of the Global Benefits team, you will provide support and recommendations within healthcare, retirement, and time away segments. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Americas Benefits and will have the responsibility of managing benefits in the Okta Americas locations, responsibilities include:
- Supporting strategy execution and managing large scale projects of significant complexity including major initiatives such as renewals, vendor changes, new initiatives, benefits harmonization, acquisitions or divestitures, employee communication campaigns
- Data analysis to include audits, monitoring trends and utilization reports ,US medical self-funding administration and data management, pre-tax and taxable accounts in partnership with Finance and Accounting
- Management and administration of the retirement plans within applicable locations (i.e. 401k in the US, RRSP in Canada)
- Ownership of Benefits Operational process and program development, with high level of engagement with the Shared Services Operations team to continue to develop Benefits support and build for scale, effectively address escalations, and communicate issues and trends
- Management of the leave of absence, escalations, annual leave/paid time off administration, change management, and communication
- Maintaining strong collaborative partnerships with key partners across business functions, including Shared Services Operations, Business Technology, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, Legal, and HR Business Partners
- Supporting annual budgets planning and tracking, quarterly forecasting for the Americas; monitoring expenditure of budgeted funds as well as approve vendor invoices
- Management of the vendor governance program within Benefits, including internal protocols, standards for evaluating contracts and fees, implementing vendors, managing performance (including SLAs and PGs)
- Managing key vendors to ensure alignment with the strategic roadmap
- Managing current TPAs and outsourcing vendors to ensure work product is in-line with regulatory compliance
- Effective engagement within a high performing team across all levels
- Strong knowledge of the current legal and regulatory and compliance landscape in applicable locations, changes, trends, and other developments affecting healthcare, retirement, and time off benefits
- 3+ years benefits management and administration (Americas)
- Strong communication skills and ability to modify delivery for intended audience and based on communication platform or method
- Experience in standing up and managing operational protocols, workflows, and case management
- Demonstrates a strong sense of company and cultural awareness effectively balancing the employee experience and company needs
- Strong influencing and consultative skills
- Skilled at balancing being a team player and working independently in a fast paced environment with the ability to operate autonomously
- Strong analytical skills/strong Excel (assessing numbers/finances)
- Experience with working on self-funded plans in the US
- Experience in consulting, third party risk management, or related control discipline such as audit, privacy or information security a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills with ability to organize and prioritize, navigate through ambiguous or complex issues, and influence desired outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management, including risk, due diligence, control and protocols for managing performance
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail, accuracy, respect for data integrity and discretion for confidential information
- G Suite
- MS Office (excel)
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.