Associate IAM Architect
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Customer Success Architect (aka Customer Success Technical Strategist) is a newly established global team that collaborates with Okta’s customers to share knowledge, best practices and make recommendations to continuously innovate around identity and security. We are Okta’s product experts, and we enable Okta's worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing advice.
An Associate IAM Architect specializing in enterprise identity, including Okta’s Workforce Identity Cloud (WIC) and adjacent technologies. The Associate IAM Architect will provide Okta’s customers with strategic technical guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Okta. They are held in high regard as an expert and trusted advisor for how Okta’s solutions and an innovative approach to identity as a primary cloud translate to business value. The WIC specialization calls for an understanding of hybrid scenarios that capitalize on Okta’s ability to manage authentication, authorization and lifecycle management capabilities for SaaS, on-premise and custom enterprise applications.
What you’ll be doing
- Advise on best practices and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
- Be the customer’s advocate by intimately understanding their goals and use cases to recommend process changes, product adoption, configuration and additional features to meet their requirements
- Drive customer subscription adoption and proactively engage to ensure success
- Review customer architectures and Okta configurations to ensure they are enhancing security posture and capturing ROI as Okta releases new features and functionality
- Deliver 1:many seminars for specific Okta products and features
- Take and respond to reactive questions from Customer Success Managers
- Establish strong personal relationships with the customer decision-makers and stakeholders
What you’ll bring to the role
- 8+ years of total experience in information technology, with at least 4 years of hands-on experience as a Technical Account Manager (TAM) or comparable practitioner role in the IAM space
- Experience working with:
- Legacy applications in a hybrid IT environment with non-standard applications (i.e. those that do not support modern identity federation protocols)
- Web Access Management solution or Okta Access Gateway
- At least one of the major cloud service provider environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Identity lifecycle management consultation targeted to the enterprise workforce
- Workflow orchestration that emulate business process, to drive user self-service
- Enterprise applications in the ecosystem to provide identity and attributes to applications or to harness an external application to help drive business process (e.g. ServiceNow)
- SaaS deployment such as Salesforce, Box, Office 365, Workday and HR as master for identities preferred
- Technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, OAuth, OpenID Connect)
- Familiarity with API Gateways such as Apigee, Mulesoft, etc and their role in API Management
- This position will be located remotely but some travel required (under 25% of time)
Below is the annual On Target Compensation (OTE) range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual OTE, which is inclusive of base salary and incentive compensation, will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable) and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.