Senior Learning Systems & Applications Engineer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box - we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Expert Acceleration Team
This role is an opportunity to join a new organization – the Expert Acceleration organization – to deliver an industry-leading, modern learning program platform. The charter for this new organization is to pursue the growth of the Okta ecosystem and provide a modern and captivating learning experience that transforms our Okta experts from allies to loyal defenders and raving fans.
The Solutions Architect Opportunity
Okta is looking for a talented hands on full-stack engineer and experience with architecting direct complex distributed systems. Someone who shares our passion for enabling customers to adopt and grow with the Okta platform through education products. You will be driving and contributing as a full stack developer in the efforts to help plan, architect and implement delightful learning experiences. You have proven skills in front end languages, back end languages, database management systems, version control and web hosting management. You are comfortable owning all stages of development for the education learning platform. You collaborate well with stakeholders and technical resources to plan and implement user-centric solutions. You’re a skilled communicator who applies an empathetic, user-centered approach to problem-solving. The ideal candidate has a love of customers, analytics, and a solid understanding of how to build an educational experience leading to rapid product adoption.
What you’ll be doing
- Own the problems end-to-end - from concept design to final implementation
- Design and convert Business logic to Tech Architecture and Technical specifications for development
- Be part of the dev team and own parts for delivery of modules.
- Effectively communicates technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Influence the direction of the product design and architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement modern and delightful user interfaces for Okta education products
- Conduct design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards by writing unit and functional tests
- Collaborate and coordinate with team leadership in the planning and execution of development work.
- Ability to develop, configure, and troubleshoot SaaS and identity access infrastructure.
- Review and lead the gathering of business, functional and technical requirements for establishing an Identity platform powered by Okta for our customers.
- Work with customers to document the common technical and functional requirements for specific solutions.
- Support creation of project plans to develop and implement the proposed solution.
What you’ll bring to the role
- 5+ years driving application architecture design/Application Architecture Background Architected distributed systems/ Application Design experience
- 5+ years of current actively contributing as a Dev to web based applications/ APIs.
- Experience with architecting Learning environments with various integrations (Learning Management Systems, SaaS integrations, Salesforce, eCommerce, Content Management System (CMS)
- Docker images, GitHub, Apache
- Working knowledge with Terraform, AWS, Heroku
- Experience with one or more UI technologies such as Angular, ReactJS, Backbone, Vue
- Good understanding of design-patterns, scalability patterns, security engineering and object-oriented principles.
- Experience working in Agile software development teams leveraging continuous integration and deployment practices.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across functions and time zones
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies (FIDO, U2F, WebAuthn, SSO, SAML, OAuth, Federation, etc.)
- Previous Okta/Auth0 exposure or experience
- Experience with MYSQL, Postgres DB,VS code extension, Shell script, PHP
#LI-BF1The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between: $156,000—$211,000 USD
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.