Senior Technical Curriculum Developer
Location: United States
Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Senior Technical Curriculum Developer at Okta, the primary responsibilities will be to create Okta learning content for our customers, partners, and employees. This position will focus on creating: on-demand video and eLearning content, interactive hands-on labs, and instructor-led course materials. The curriculum developer will be a part of a growing education team. The candidate must have strong instructional design and project management skills. Proven success in curriculum development and design is critical. Prior experience in software, web, or application development is a must since this role will contribute to our Customer Identity training catalog for developers. To be successful in this position, you will be flexible and ready to take on any tasks that relate to continually improving the training process as well as contribute to its strategy. We thrive as a team at Okta and expect this role to exemplify our core values of collaboration, transparency, innovation, and integrity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major areas of responsibility include:
- Analyze learning needs to design effective training content, particularly for our enterprise product developer audience.
- Partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to provide input for training content.
- Design and create engaging on-demand video and eLearning content.
- Design, develop, and maintain interactive labs.
- Develop materials for interactive instructor led courses: participant and leader guides, job aids, hands-on lab activities, and presentation materials.
- Create content that supports the certification process.
- Provide solutions and innovation to training and enablement strategy and processes.
- Contribute to and use the knowledge management and learning management repositories.
- Collaborate within the customer success team to deliver on shared goals.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in CS, EE, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as a developer, including experience with:
- Java, C++, Python, or any other object-oriented coding language
- Distributed system and REST APIs
- Server-side technology, PaaS platforms, and Linux systems
- Demo database and application development from scratch
- Experience with Auth0 is a huge plus
- 3-5 years of technical curriculum development experience, including:
- Writing technical customer-facing learning content including hands-on labs
- Using video capture tools, eLearning authoring tools, and MS Office suite
- Web-based training development including LMS systems
- Experience with Agile content development methodology is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space, including:
- Single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication, and contextual access management
- Federated authentication including SAML and Open ID Connect
- User lifecycle management, provisioning, user directories, and profile mastering
- Application access, authorization, integrations, and APIs
- Access management for B2E, B2B, and B2C use cases
- Access control to applications and services on-premises or in the cloud
- Identity providers and service providers
- Training delivery or coaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide range of audiences and build relationships across all lines of business
- Experience working with SaaS products such as Atlassian, Salesforce, Workday, etc. preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in taking on any challenge and changing directions if needed
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast moving environment individually and as a team
- Consistent track record of delivering quality projects on time
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.